Skip to main content

Enrollment and Transfers

Attendance Boundaries and Maps

District Map (PDF)

To check which school your student will attend by address, please visit the Interactive Map web page. 

You can contact your assigned school site directly with any questions you may have.

Note: For those families living west of Empire Avenue in Oakley, you are currently in the Antioch Unified School District. For more information, call (925) 779-7500. 


Intra-District Transfer

Intra-District transfers are transfers between two schools within the boundaries of our District. To begin this process, you will complete the Intra-District Transfer request form below and email to the school your child should be attending based on your address. (You can use the interactive map above to help determine what should your child should be attending based on your address.)  Please get the appropriate email from your school of residence for submission.  Please send the completed form to them with the words Intradistrict Transfer Request in the subject line.  If, for some reason, you are unable to complete the fillable form, you can print it, complete it and then send a picture of your completed form to the appropriate email address.

Once your school of residence signs off of the transfer request, they will forward the form to the school that you would like your child to attend.  These decisions are made by the site principals and their decisions are final.
The District Office does not intervene in Intra-District transfer issues.

   > Intra-DistrictTransfer Form (Fillable PDF)

Inter-District Transfer

Interdistrict transfers are transfers between two districts. These transfers are initiated at your District of Residence.  (The District in which you live.)

Interdistrict Transfers into OUESD:
There are two documents needed to request a transfer into OUESD and the process begins with your home district.  The first is the interdistrict transfer request form from the district in which you live.  You will need to contact that District and complete and submit the form to them for approval. Once this is approved by your home district, please submit all copies to the Oakley District Office via email to  (Please check with your home district, they may have a process in place where they already send it to our district.)

The second document you need to submit is the completed Student Contract/ School Preference Form (see below).  Please click on the link below to download and complete the form.  The completed form should be emailed to  Board Policy and accompanying Administrative Regulation requires that all student(s) under an interdistrict transfer agreement and his/her parent/guardian sign this contract.  This form will also allow us to attempt to place students based on your preference.  However, a student who is attending a District school under an interdistrict permit shall not attend any school at the expense of a child who resides in the district. You must return this signed contract to the OUESD District Office regardless of your reason for requesting a transfer.  (Please do not submit this form to your district of residence; it comes directly back to the Oakley office.)

We originally requested that all applications for interdistrict transfers be submitted on or before Friday, April 23, 2021 to be considered for the 2021-22 school year. However, given the current situation, we continue to accept them on a rolling basis. If the transfer is approved, you will then be given instructions on how to register your student for school.

  >  Inter-district Student Contract (Fillable PDF)

Interdistrict Transfers OUT of OUESD:

Pursuant to Board Policy 5117, transfers out of the district shall be denied to the extent permitted by law, except as follows:

  1. To accommodate a request by a parent/guardian due to the place of employment of the parent/guardian. Parent/guardian must submit proof of employment within the boundaries of the district they are requesting the student attend.
  2. To accommodate a request by a parent/guardian to accommodate the childcare needs of the student. Parent/guardian must submit proof of childcare within the boundaries of the district they are requesting the student attend.
  3. Under exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the Superintendent or designee.
  4. Transfers may only be approved for the school year for which the application was submitted in order to allow a student who recently moved to the District to finish the school year at the school the student was attending before the move.

The form to request a transfer to leave the District is available below. Please download the form, complete it and email to  You must attach proof of the reason for the request (see 1-4 above). Transfers without appropriate documentation will be denied.

Transfers out of the District will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so please plan accordingly. Approved transfers will be automatically forwarded to the requested district for processing. You will be contacted via email regarding any transfer that is denied.

  > Inter-District Transfer Form (Fillable PDF)

  > Solicitud de Transferencia Interdistrital (PDF rellenable)

  > Childcare Affidavit (Fillable PDF)


OUESD will begin accepting interdistrict transfers in and out of the District on February 1, 2021. Due to current circumstances, we will continue to accept transfer requests into our District past our initial deadline of April 23, 2021. Please be aware, however, that any requests for a transfer into OUESD received after May 21, 2021 may not be processed until after the school year starts and we are able to determine if we have adequate space.

Please feel free to contact Heather Partida with any questions regarding interdistrict transfers at